Motorcycle Fork Rechroming Service for Stanchions (Pair)
Pitted forks? We offer a motorcycle fork rechroming service to repair pitted forks and stanchions back to like new! As the UK's leading motorcycle fork stanchion repair specialist, your fork tubes are in good hands with Brook Suspension.
Brook Suspension is the UK's leading motorcycle suspension and fork rechroming specialists, established in 2004. We work with all of the major suspension motorcycle manufacturers and are accredited by K-Tech (Premier Dealer), Nitron (Technical Centre) and Andreani (the UK's only Gold Partner) and YSS (Authorised Dealer) so you can be sure that you're in safe hands.
We rechrome forks for both private and trade customers around the world and offer the most comprehensive service in the UK. Whether your bike uses conventional forks from the 1950s or modern USD forks, we can rechrome them. If you'd prefer to send us your complete forks, we offer a fork rebuild and repair service too.
The fork rechroming service includes -
• All stanchions are inspected, measured and checked for straightness
• The old chrome plating is ground using a centreless grinder to remove all surface damage. In general, we remove around 0.7mm of material
• All internal bushes and valves are masked with tape and wax, where necessary
• Stanchions are hard chrome electroplated so that they are slightly oversized. This process can take up to 24 hours, depending on the thickness of the plating
• During the hard chrome plating process, stanchions are regularly inspected and measured to ensure that the plating is to the correct thickness before finishing. Numerous measurements are taken to ensure that there's a constant diameter throughout the length of the stanchion
• Once the plating process is completed they are finish ground, with an accuracy of 0.125mm
• The stanchions are now ready to linished and polished to give a perfect finish, which aids the 'bedding in' process and extends seal life
All of our rechromed stanchions have to pass a strict quality control check before they are returned to the customer. They are measured to check dimensions and tolerances and are securely packaged prior to shipping.
We offer the widest range of Workshop Services in the UK so you can be sure to find the service you require.
If you have a problem, or are unhappy with your purchase, then we will put the matter right. You can return any item within 14 days and we will gladly replace the item or offer a full refund for it. All we ask is that you notify us of the fault within 7 days and send the items back unused in their original condition with all the original packaging. If we have made a mistake, we'll also refund the delivery charges. For your protection, where you are returning an item to us, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty.
Who do we use to deliver your order?
Our back office systems are fully integrated with Royal Mail, FedEx and DHL which means that the second your parcel is dispatched you will be sent an email containing your tracking details, we also aim to incorporate your mobile number within the booking process to allow the courier to send you a text message. This allows both you and us to track your parcel's every move from our door to yours!
Small items and orders such as fork spares are usually sent via Royal Mail whereas shock absorbers and forks will be sent via FedEx or DHL, all of whom make daily collections from our premises.
All our delivery costs are calculated on total weight, this includes the weight of both the products and the packaging.
Points to note
- We aim to deliver your order next day if ordered by 3pm if you use our express services
- All returns must be sent back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk
- All delivery timescales are subject to stock availability
- Small items may be delivered by post.
- The contents of your order and your delivery postcode may determine which delivery services you will be provided
- Please note that we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes on any of our delivery services
About Brook Suspension
Brook Suspension are the UKs leading motorcycle suspension specialists and are fully trained and accredited by the following manufacturers in both the supply and installation of their products: K-Tech Suspension (Distributor), Nitron (Distributor), Andreani (Gold Partner - the only Gold Partner in the UK) and YSS (Service Centre).
We supply a wide range of products to both private individuals and the motorcycle trade, from day to day consumables such as fork seals and bushes right through to high end cartridge kits. As a specialist our ambition is to be the go to people for everything motorcycle suspension related.
With a fully equipped workshop, we can rebuild forks and shock absorbers from most manufacturers, including Ohlins, WP, Showa, Marzocchi and KYB. As well as offering a variety of decorative and low friction finishes to improve the performance of your suspension or simply to make them look trick!
We offer the best products and services available at competitive prices with good, honest advice and great after sales service.
Brook Suspension is heavily involved in racing with Guildford Audio by Brook Motorsport, and company owner David Brook can often be found in the British Superbikes Superstock 1000 championship and International Road Races. The firm takes a unique approach that allows us to generate direct feedback on the products we sell and closely relate to the requirements of the customers we support.
We will only offer products that we believe in, and more often than not those products are the ones we race and win on. Whether its a full blown Superbike or a tastefully-modded 600, we can help get you on the right track.